Rejoice in the Lord, Always! - Leader's Guide
Rejoice in the Lord, Always!
A Bible Study on Paul's Letter to the Philippians
by Rev. Dr. Amy C. Little
One of the Apostle Paul's most encouraging epistles is his Letter to the Philippians. The letter has the feel of a parent writing to his children, trying to persuade them to listen and learn from their loving father. As a former pastor to them and a spiritual father figure in their lives, Paul was interested in their continuing development as children of faith. He thanked God for them; he prayed for them; he told them he was proud of their work in sharing the gospel message, reminding them they were in this together!
This nine week study examines some of the most treasured verses in Scripture, in ways that are encouraging and realistic about our life in faith. Celebrating both the tensions and the joys of discipleship, Paul reminds us of Who it is that makes us a community as we share our lives together in a common commitment to Christ.
Table of Contents
1. A Letter from Our Pastor -- Philippians 1:1-11
2. A Prisoner for Christ -- Philippians 1:12-18a
3. The Promise of Faith -- Philippians 1:18b-30
4. The Mind of Christ -- Philippians 2:1-11
5. Lights in the World -- Philippians 2:12-30
6. Right or Righteous? -- Philippians 3:1-11
7. Maturity in Christ -- Philippians 3:12 - 4:3
8. The Peace of Christ -- Philippians 4:4-9
9. In All Things -- Philippians 4:10-20 22